Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) invites bids for the construction of the Sudair Solar PV 380kV Substation. The project location is in Sudair, around 150km from Riyadh.
The proposed substation will be interconnected to the proposed Renewable Energy (Solar) Power Plant at Sudair, which has a projected capacity of 1500MW.
The project involves the construction of a new indoor 380kV Gas Insulated Substation, named as Sudair Solar PV 380kV Substation. It includes protection, control, communication and SAS/SCADA systems.
The Substation consists of following major equipment:
- 380kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS)
- 380kV Hybrid GIS
- 380kV Neutral Grounding Reactors
- 13.8kV Switchgear
- 2.5MVA, 13.8kV/400V-230V Station Service Transformers
- 380kV, 60MVAR Reactors
- Power Cables and Terminations,
- AC/DC Auxiliary Power Supply
- Surge Arresters
- Control/Protection System
- Substation Automation System (SAS)
- Communication System
- Fire Detection/Alarm and Safety and Fire Protection System
Civil/Structural Works and Mechanical Works
- HCIS Security System
The contractor shall perform on a ‘lump sum turnkey’ basis, the design, engineering, materials procurement, quality management, factory inspection/testing, transport and delivery to site, installation, construction, site inspection, testing and commissioning, all associated work and services until final handing over of new substation work in a satisfactorily working and operating condition.