The 5th Anniversary of the Future Investment Initiative (FII) opened with a live board meeting featuring leading global CEOs, investors, and policymakers discussing how best to invest in humanity.
The opening session on day one of FII was entitled ‘The Board of Changemakers: Investing for Impact’. The meeting was moderated by CNN anchor Richard Quest, who was joined by high profile business leaders from Africa, Europe, and the United States, including H.E. Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, CEO & Managing Director, Mubadala Investment Company, Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder, Blackstone, and Ray Dalio, Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-CIO, Bridgewater Associates, LP. They debated ways the global financial community can come together to invest in humanity.
The opening session of FII’s 5th Anniversary event was a live 90-minute ‘board meeting’ featuring high profile business leaders from Asia, Africa, Europe, and the United States
FII Institute CEO Richard Attias said the live board meeting was an extra special event for FII. “It was a highly unique live board meeting. FII hosted this special live ‘meeting’ on practical and actionable ways to invest in humanity. This set the scene for three days of vibrant debate and decision-making designed to help transform the future of humanity.”
FII attendees include Presidents, Prime Ministers, corporate executives, experts, innovators, and media
The board meeting included:
- H.E. Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, CEO & Managing Director, Mubadala Investment Company (UAE)
- Ana Patricia Botin, Group Executive Chairman, Banco Santander S.A. (Spain)
- Ray Dalio, Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-CIO, Bridgewater Associates, LP (United States)
- Larry Fink, Chairman & CEO, BlackRock, Inc. (United States)
- Dr. Patrice Motsepe, Founder, African Rainbow Capital (South Africa)
- Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman, CEO & Co-Founder, Blackstone (United States)
- David M. Solomon, Chairman & CEO, The Goldman Sachs Group (United States)