From flying cars to space technology, plus drones, satellites and video calls, the biggest names in technology and innovation have partnered with the Future Investment Initiative (FII) Institute for the 5th Anniversary of FII on 26-28 October in Riyadh.
The FII Institute is a global non-profit foundation and technology partner, supporting the work of its five impact areas: AI, Robotics, Education, Healthcare, and Sustainability. The 5th Anniversary of FII took place under the theme ‘Invest in Humanity’ and each of the technology partners share that common theme.
“Each partner brings unique and pioneering technology that supports the FII Institute mission to make a positive impact on humanity”
FII Institute CEO Richard Attias said: “Each partner brings unique and pioneering technology that supports the FII Institute mission to make a positive impact on humanity. The investments, inventions, research and products from these top global companies all aim to create a better world for all.
“As multiple sectors witness a renaissance in a post-Covid era, the 5th Anniversary of FII brought together world leaders, experts, innovators, and media in a global forum to explore solutions to society’s most pressing challenges and propel action towards their realization.”
The 5th Anniversary of FII took place under the theme ‘Invest in Humanity’
FII Institute announced investments in Lilium and Interstellar Labs earlier this year. The Lilium investment was part of a strategy to develop and leverage sustainable and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional combustion engines in the air travel industry. Through the Interstellar Labs investment, FII Institute will fund the development of, and leverage, AI simulation-based designs to tackle Earth’s most pressing environmental issues.
New Technology Partners
- Zoom, the global technology company that provides video telephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform
- Siemens AG, the global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare
- SenseTime, an AI company that focuses on innovative computer vision and deep learning technologies
- OriginAll, developer of the first marketplace focused exclusively on authentic and traceable products
- Natufia (KAUST), developer of the world’s first smart indoor kitchen garden
- Lilium, developer of sustainable, high-speed air mobility through its electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft, vertiports and digital service
- Interstellar Labs, a space technology company designing closed loop biodomes for sustaining life on Earth, the moon, and Mars
- HEPTA Airborne, a developer that automates the analysis of power lines with drones, helicopters, satellites, and big data
- DroppTV, developer of the first video platform to seamlessly integrate product sales with 1-clicks into highly consumed video content
- Can Mobilities, pioneer of smart mobility devices for elderly care